Glassell Park

The development of Glassell Park began in the early 20th Century, as subdivisions between Verdugo and San Fernando Roads began to be sold in 1907. In 1912, the city of Los Angeles annexed most of Glassell Park, annexing the remainder in 1916. The Glassell family continued to subdivide their land, selling off what is now Forest Lawn Memorial Park during the Great Depression. The growing neighborhood was served by a line of the Los Angeles Railway, which traveled in the median of Eagle Rock Boulevard towards Eagle Rock.
Today, Glassell Park is experiencing significant and steady demographic shifts due to its abundant craftsmen and hillside homes, and convenient location close to Downtown Los Angeles, Silver Lake, and Highland Park. Glassell Park’s median home price is increasing at a rapid pace, significantly exceeding that of Los Angeles County. In 2016, the median home price in Los Angeles County rose by about 7 percent; in that same period, the median home price in Glassell Park rose 25.3 percent.
Glassell Park stands to benefit greatly from the city’s $1.6-billion Los Angeles River revitalization project. The project will restore habitat, widen the river, create wetlands and provide access points and bike trails along an 11-mile stretch of the Los Angeles River that runs from downtown Los Angeles through Glassell Park.


Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.